September 7, 2022
Apple announces the next generation of AirPods Pro
Delivers unparalleled audio quality, improved active noise cancellation and new features for even more convenience
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced the second generation of AirPods Pro, the most advanced AirPods ever. Powered by the new H2 chip, AirPods Pro unlock breakthrough audio performance, including major upgrades to Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode, while offering a unique way to experience spatial audio even further. more immersive. Now customers can enjoy touch control for media playback and volume adjustments right from the stem, along with longer battery life, an all-new charging case, and size extra toe cap for a better fit.
AirPods Pro (2nd generation) will be available to order online and in the Apple Store app starting Friday, September 9, with in-store availability starting Friday, September 23.
“AirPods have revolutionized the category of wireless headphones with an innovative design and incredible sound quality. With the new AirPods Pro, Apple is raising the bar even higher,” said Bob Borchers, Apple’s vice president of worldwide product marketing. “The new AirPods Pro deliver even better sound quality, a more immersive listening experience with custom spatial audio, and transformative audio features like Adaptive Transparency. With up to double the noise-canceling power of their predecessor , the world’s best-selling wireless headphones just got better.
Housed in a lightweight and compact body, the power of the new H2 chip delivers an exceptional acoustic experience and cancels up to twice as much noise as the previous generation of AirPods Pro. With a new low-distortion audio driver and custom amplifier, AirPods Pro now deliver richer bass and crystal-clear sound across a wider frequency range. Since the best audio experience isn’t complete without a great in-ear fit, an additional new ear tip is included so even more people can experience the magic of AirPods Pro.
Transparency mode keeps listeners connected and aware of the world around them. Now, Adaptive Transparency takes this popular customer feature even further. Powerful H2 chip enables on-device processing, which reduces loud ambient noise – like a passing vehicle siren, construction tools, or even speakers at a concert – for more comfortable everyday listening .
Accurate and immersive sound
With custom spatial audio, the AirPods listening experience is even more immersive. Users perceive sound individually, depending on the size and shape of their head and ears. Using the TrueDepth camera on iPhone, users can create a personal profile for Spatial Audio that delivers a listening experience precisely tailored to them. Users can enjoy personalized spatial audio with music, movies and TV shows – with dynamic head tracking – on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.1
The magical experience that users love from the AirPods family gets even better with the next generation of AirPods Pro. Instant pairing to all Apple devices makes setup easy, while the new dedicated AirPods section in iOS Settings gives users easy access and control of their AirPods features.
Now users can control media playback and increase volume without using another device. With touch control on AirPods Pro, a light swipe up or down on the stem allows for quick volume adjustments. Press the stem to change music, answer phone calls, and more, or say “Hey Siri” to make hands-free requests. Improved built-in skin detection sensor turns playback on or off more accurately and provides better battery life.
Extended battery life
AirPods Pro offer 1.5 hours of additional listening time over the first generation, for a total of up to six hours with active noise cancellation.2 By using the case for four additional charges, users can enjoy up to 30 hours of total listening time with active noise cancellation, six hours more than the previous generation.3
For added flexibility on the go, customers can now charge AirPods Pro with an Apple Watch charger, in addition to a MagSafe charger, Qi-certified charging mat, or Lightning cable.
Brand new charging case
AirPods Pro come with a newly designed charging case that is sweat and water resistant,4 and includes a lanyard loop5 it is therefore always at hand. With Precision Finding, U1 compatible iPhone users can locate their charging case with guided instructions. The charging case also has a built-in speaker to produce louder tones, so it’s even easier to locate.
Customers can now personalize the charging case with their individual Memoji, including personalized Memoji, Animoji, and a curated list of stickers. To start burning, create and upload a Memoji in the Apple Store app.
AirPods and the environment
AirPods Pro are designed with numerous materials and features to minimize their impact on the environment, including the use of 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets and, for the first time, recycled gold 100% in the plating of several printed circuit boards. The case also uses 100% recycled tin in the main motherboard solder and 100% recycled aluminum in the hinge. AirPods Pro are free of potentially harmful substances such as mercury, BFRs, PVC and beryllium. Redesigned packaging eliminates plastic outer packaging and 90% or more of packaging is made from fiber-based materials, bringing Apple closer to its goal of completely eliminating plastic from all packaging by 2025 .
Today, Apple is carbon neutral for the company’s global operations and, by 2030, plans to be 100% carbon neutral across its entire manufacturing supply chain and in all product life cycles. This means that every Apple device sold, from component manufacturing, assembly, transportation, customer use, charging, to material recycling and recovery, will have a net zero climate impact. .
Price and availability
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) will be available to order for $249 (US) on apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in the US and more than 50 other countries and regions starting Friday, September 9, with in-store availability starting Friday, September 23.
- AirPods (3rd Gen) with Lightning Charging Case now available for $169 (WE). AirPods (3rd generation) with MagSafe charging case remain available for $179 (WE).
- Customers can now add Memoji engraving to AirPods (2nd Generation), AirPods (3rd Generation) and AirPods Pro (2nd Generation) cases for free, exclusively in the Apple Store app. For more information on Memoji burning, use the Apple Store app.
- New subscribers can get Apple Music free for six months with the purchase of any AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. See apple.com/promo for details.
- For full functionality, use AirPods Pro (2nd generation) paired with an Apple device running the latest operating system. Custom Spatial Audio Profiles and Find My will be available with iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura in October.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS – deliver seamless experiences across all Apple devices and provide users with groundbreaking services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud . Apple’s more than 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth and leaving the world a better place than we found it.
- Spatial Audio works with compatible content in supported apps. iPhone with TrueDepth camera required to create a personal profile for Spatial Audio, which will sync across Apple devices running the latest operating system software, including iOS, iPadOS (coming October), macOS (coming October ) and tvOS.
- 5.5 hours of listening time with Spatial Audio enabled.
- Battery life varies by use. See apple.com/batteries for details.
- AirPods Pro and the charging case are sweat and water resistant for non-water sports and exercise, and they’re IPX4 rated. Sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions.
- Cord sold separately.
Apple Media Phone Support
#Apple #announces #generation #AirPods #Pro