The iPhone 14 launch was anything but smooth. The Apple Online Store and the Apple Store are both experiencing major issues this morning resulting in server errors, resume failures, duplicate orders and more. At the same time, delivery estimates for many iPhone 14 models have already slipped around mid-October…
As tradition dictates, the Apple Store app and the online Apple Store both went offline overnight as Apple prepared for iPhone 14 pre-orders. Both options were expected to come back online at 5 a.m. PT / 8 a.m. ET. For some people, both came back online just in time, while others were stuck on hold. By the time some of us entered the Apple Store Online or Apple Store app, pre-order shipping times were already delayed until the end of September for many configurations.
But this is only the beginning. The checkout process is far from reliable today, with many iPhone 14 buyers taking to Twitter to complain about major errors in the Apple Store app and on Apple’s website. Many 9to5Mac staff members also had similar issues, including yours.
A summary of some issues:
- Apple Store checkout process generates error messages
- Apple swap functions giving error messages
- Apple Store Online website redirects to “Page Not Found”
- Apple Store app: “Unable to connect to the Apple Store. You must connect to the Internet to access the Apple Store.
- Carrier approvals through the Apple Store are not processed correctly and show error messages.
- Some users are seeing delivery estimates pushed back after placing their order, despite being told they’ll get it on launch day.
- Some users end up with multiple orders because the Apple Store says the order failed, but it was actually completed.
Unsurprisingly, many operators are experiencing similar issues. T-Mobile’s ordering process has been completely halted since pre-orders began, while AT&T and Verizon’s websites have also been glitched.
These Apple Store issues didn’t affect everyone, and a number of people jumped right in and completed their iPhone 14 pre-order without issue. That’s the beauty of the internet.
Amidst all these problems, the iPhone 14 supply is already dwindling. Almost all iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max configurations are now sold out until October. The new space black color seems to be the most popular as it is severely more limited than the others.
The standard iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus do not face supply constraints to the degree of the Pro models. An analyst said this morning that Apple expects early iPhone 14 pre-orders to be dominated by “Pro” models, which could account for up to 85% of orders.
Did you manage to order an iPhone 14 this morning? What delivery date did you get? Let us know in the comments.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
#iPhone #launch #plagued #major #Apple #Store #errors #delivery #estimates #slip #October