There are usually several features that Apple is unable to complete before the first official release of a new major iOS release, and this year looks no different, with a total of nine iOS 16 features now confirmed. as not being present in the first public version of the new operating system.
Last year, SharePlay, Digital IDs in the Wallet app, and Universal Control were among a slew of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 features that weren’t available in their initial release, which took several months to be sent to users.
Apple previewed each of the following features when announcing iOS 16 at WWDC earlier this year, but they won’t be present in iOS 16.0 when it’s released to the public tomorrow:
- Live Activities: Track activities happening in real time like a sports game or carpool with just a glance on the lock screen. Third-party apps and App Clips can implement support through the Live Activities API.
- Game Center SharePlay support: Games that use Game Center multiplayer support have SharePlay integration. You can automatically start playing with friends during a FaceTime call.
- Game Center contact integration: Contacts displays your friends’ Game Center profiles. Tap on them to see what they play and achieve in games.
- Support for matter: The new smart home connectivity standard that allows compatible accessories to work together seamlessly and across platforms. Matter lets users choose from even more compatible smart home accessories and control them with the Home app and Siri on Apple devices.
- Updated architecture for the Home app: Improvements to the underlying architecture of the Home app to enable faster, more reliable performance and improved efficiency, especially for homes with many accessories and multiple controllers.
- Freeform application: A new digital whiteboard application with a flexible canvas for creating project diagrams, aggregating important assets and brainstorming, with real-time collaboration features and rich multimedia support.
- iCloud Shared Photo Library: A new option in the Photos app to allow users to create a shared photo library and invite anyone with an Apple ID to view, contribute to, and edit it, including bookmarking images and adding captions. There are no limits and all participants have the same permissions, making it ideal for families.
- Key sharing: The ability to securely share keys in Apple Wallet via email and Mail apps.
- Easy configuration of shortcuts for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X: Siri can run shortcuts from installed apps without any setup process (to be available for new devices immediately without delay).
iCloud Shared Photo Library became the latest feature to be delayed after Apple’s “Far out” event earlier this week, but all other delays were known during the initial iOS 16 preview at WWDC.
Apple says all of these features will arrive in an iOS 16 update later this year, but it has yet to offer a more specific timeline for any of them. After months of beta testing, iOS 16.0 will officially be available for download on all compatible iPhone tomorrow. For a detailed breakdown of all the new features in iOS 16, check out our full roundup.
Garmin reacts to Apple Watch Ultra: “We measure battery life in months”. Not hours.’
Garmin has reacted to Apple’s new rugged Apple Watch Ultra, saying in a tweet following the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch event that it measures battery life in “months” and “not hours”, promoting its latest Enduro 2 watch for athletes. While the Apple Watch Ultra has the longest battery life of any Apple Watch to date, Apple promises up to 36 hours of normal use and up to 60 hours with…
Apple unveils iPhone 14 Pro with dynamic island, always-on display, 48MP camera, and more
Apple today announced iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, featuring “Dynamic Island” to show alerts and activity in a new way, a brighter display with always-on functionality, A16 Bionic chip, a more advanced camera system, new color options, and more. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max deliver “the dynamic island” thanks to a redesigned TrueDepth camera array that takes…
Should you skip the iPhone 14? Five major iPhone 15 rumors you should know about
With pre-orders for the iPhone 14 lineup now open, many iPhone customers will be wondering if now is the right time to upgrade their device. iPhone 14 models offer substantial upgrades with Emergency SOS via satellite, Crash Detection, camera improvements, and more, but some customers will now look to next year when it might be a while more appropriate…
How the iPhone 14 Pro’s New “Dynamic Island” Works
With the launch of iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, Apple introduced an updated design that removes the notch on the front for the TrueDepth camera. Instead, Apple made the hardware lighter and placed the proximity sensor below the display, allowing for a smaller pill-shaped cutout. Subscribe to the MacRumors YouTube channel for more videos. As we learned during the rumor…
Swap your iPhone for a new iPhone 14? Here’s how much it’s worth
Pre-orders for the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max open tomorrow, and if you’re one of the many customers upgrading from an older iPhone, you may be considering your trade-in options. in. Apple has a popular trade-in program that offers customers a certain amount of credit toward the purchase of a new iPhone based on the model they are turning in and its condition….
Dynamic Island: first look at the new iPhone 14 Pro pill-shaped cutout
Apple today introduced the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with a new pill-shaped cutout called “Dynamic Island,” which Apple says offers “a rich and delicious new way to interact with people. activities, alerts and notifications” on devices. With a combination of hardware and software, Dynamic Island can transform into different shapes and sizes for things like incoming phone…
The internet reacts to the dynamic island of the iPhone 14 Pro: “one of the best designs from Apple”
Following the introduction of iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with the all-new Dynamic Island feature, which cleverly integrates the new pill-shaped notch replacement in iOS for system alerts and features , netizens have reacted overwhelmingly positively to Apple’s new UX design. In the United States, “iPhone 14 Pro” and “Dynamic Island” were trending on Twitter…
Here’s when you can pre-order the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and AirPods Pro 2 in each time zone
Pre-orders for the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max will begin Friday, September 9 at 5:00 a.m. PT, with the new devices available simultaneously in multiple countries around the world. For this reason, we’ve compiled a list of pre-order availability dates in various countries around the world so MacRumors readers can know when…
#iOS #features #wont #year